Just gotta ignite the light, and let it shine...

Sunday, July 3, 2011

image via
Cause baby you're a firework
Come on, show 'em what you're worth

In less than 6 months, I will be entering the Big Girl World and embarking on a difficult yet adventurous journey called the "Post-Grad life."

Excited? Yes ma'am. I am absolutely thrilled to finally make the big bucks (ahem... lemme rephrase that: make enough to pay rent, keep the belly full and satisfy my shopping addiction).

Scared? Of course, I am. Scared of... dare I say it.. possible failure(?)... terrified of living on my own and becoming 100% completely independent - physically and emotionally. 

Yet amidst all of this stress and worry, I am feeling a slight bit calm. Know why? Lemme tell you... 


It's this thing called faith. 

I have faith that everything happens for a purpose. The big guy up there has it all planned out to a T for us. When I freak out and try to figure it all out myself.. well, I bet He's just laughing up there thinking: "You silly girl. Don't worry your pretty little head over nothing.. because the more you stress.. well, it isn't going to change much. Instead, the stress is just going to add a couple of extra wrinkles to that forehead of yours." 

It's about embracing all the ups and downs that life throws at you. So in these next 6 months as I discover where I'll be living (apartment hunting... eeek!) and working (cross 'em fingers that I land a spot at either of my two dream PR agencies.. pwease!), I will take whatever comes my way.

Here is the rough outline of my plan as of now:

Rest of this sweet Summer - Finish up last two weeks in ATL with ADPi, Europe and Cancun with my mother, informational and internship interviews with PR agencies

September thru December - My last Formal Recruitment, last Bid Day and enjoying my last Fall Quarter at the University of Washington, job or post-grad internship hunting starting late October/beginning of November

December thru January - last winter break...

And the rest is... well... we shall see.

Who knows if it'll end up this way. (Wish God could give me an answer. right. now.) That's the beauty of life, isn't it? You never know what you're going to get or what will happen.

The only thing I do have control over is my motivation and the impression I make on those HR coordinators during these upcoming months. So Imma "wow them."

Watch out Seattle... the Little One is making her way into the big city in hopes of becoming the next top PR professional.... and she ain't takin' no for an answer. #lehgo


Song title via "Firework" by Katy Perry. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY