pumpkin adventures.

Sunday, October 14, 2012


Yesterday, I relived my childhood on a trip to the pumpkin patch with a dear friend, A.Barry. We ventured on the hour and a half drive to Snohomish, driving by gorgeous views of the valleys -- yellow-orange trees, little sheep prancing in the fields and rows of cornstalk.

It was a beautiful, crisp autumn day.

Yay, pumpkins!
As A.Barry and I got to Craven Farm for our pumpkin adventures, I realized that this farm was more than just a pumpkin patch. Other activities included a haunted house, hayrides and even a corn maze! You could also buy various squashes, apples by the lb. from the family's local orchards and of course, snack on their freshly popped kettle corn. Oh and they also had a petting zoo!

Before we set out to the patch to find A.Barry her perfect pumpkin, we decided to venture into the corn maze...

Before I got cranky from getting lost...
We gave up after an hour... and decided to backtrack... yes, we are well aware that back-tracking is cheating... but we were hungry and just wanted our kettlecorn.



I had a great time frolicking in the patch and following A.Barry as she searched for the perfect one to bring home. Our plans next week include baked pumpkin goods :) (Be sure to check back for a recipe post)


what a great day for the pumpkin patch

Here we are with our pumpkins! True or false... A.Barry carried her 20 lb. pumpkin all the way back to the cashier without a wheelbarrow. TRUE. True or false... I also carried my pumpkin without a wheelbarrow. FALSE. :) haha I ended up not getting a pumpkin and opted for acorn squash. Let's be real friends, why I would need a gigantic pumpkin my little studio? 

OOTD: Comfy and Cozy
                                   

Oh and of course, I have to dish the deets on my OOTD for my pumpkin adventures! Boots: Hunter wellies (my favorite!) | Bottoms: Paige denim skinnies | Top: V-neck from Madewell, Draped open-cardigan from Banana Republic | Jacket: Banana Republic trench | Accessories: sorority signet ring | Purse: Longchamp

So tell me friends, what fall adventures are you off to this season?
If you have any recos, feel free to send them over!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY