Happy Home with Jeanne of Shop Sweet Things

Monday, November 25, 2013


When I first began decorating my new place, inspiration and decor ideas were definitely gleaned from one of my favorite bloggers, Jeanne who writes the beautiful blog Shop Sweet Things

She just has that eye for style and clean design... with pops of color! I recently had the privilege of interviewing her for some home decor tips, and am absolutely honored to be featuring her for today's post.

Hope you enjoy!

Describe your home in three words or less.
Modern. Eclectic. Happy.

Interior Styling by Jeanne with Justina Blakeney
What makes your space a "happy home?"
I like to surround myself with colors and unique objects. It makes me happy when I see things displayed nicely and that everything has a place.

Do you have any favorite places to shop for home decor?
I go all over the place. I like anywhere from Target to Ikea to West Elm to CB2. For online, I love shopping through LEIF, Etsy, Poketo and independent online shops - usually things I don't have access to physically. I also use social shopping sites like Luvocracy to help me discover products online. And for local (San Francisco), I check out The General Store, H.D. Buttercup, and love thrifting at The Other Shop that specializes in mid-modern century goods.


Styling Target's Nate Berkus Collection
What advice would you give to those redecorating their happy home?
You really have to go with your instinct and trust yourself. Don't put something in your house because it's a trend or seen all over magazines or blogs. All the items should be something you love or have connections with. It's the worst when you're stuck with something that is an eye sore.

Thanks again to Jeanne for her time and sharing her tips for a happy home!
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY