hello 2014.

Thursday, January 2, 2014


Cheers to you and a fabulous New Year ahead of us! I can't believe time has flown by so quickly and that it really is 2-0-1-4. 

With family, great friends and my main squeeze - I'm looking forward to another year of adventure, accomplishments and unforgettable moments. 

This year, I'm focusing on three things:

being present :: Making time for friends and family and being present in the moment (not on my phone, Twitter, Instagram or etc.) - taking the convo offline  - maybe even some snail mail here and there. More weekend brunches and frequent coffee dates so that "catching up" isn't a recap of the past month but rather what happened during the week.

simple moments :: Whether it's a hot mug of tea in bed on a weekend or smelling flowers at the farmers' market, I want to do more of it... None of this commercialized, high-tech stuff... more days of sketchpads, pencils, visiting friends in-person and quiet, reading time. iPads, cell phones and TV is unneeded - just a warm blanket, smiles and puddle jumping. My life has been just absolutely consumed by technology, and I've forgotten how fun it is to just stroll around the neighborhood for an adventure - the wonderful smell of an old book - and what it's like to really unplug. No need for formality either... just come on over in your loungewear, I'll put the kettle on and we'll have ourselves a casual tea party with homemade gluten free scones.

love :: Love itself, and love for others. I'm not just speaking of the romantic, mushy cupid and head-over-heels love... it's the appreciation for those around me, God, my job and the world outside my bubble. It's the love for everything I have and not to take anything for granted. It's being passionate and excited - a thirst for more... and whether that's in a new hobby (crossfit), my faith or a good book - it's great feeling to love and be loved

With these three things, I hope for a fruitful and rewarding New Year and many more to come. It's always this time of the year that reflection, goal-setting and excitement fills the air for me.. and with that, I'm more than determined and motivated to make the year even better than the next. I'm so thankful for all of the amazing moments I had this past year, and with these three focuses for the new year, I know that it will be even better!

Ringing in the New Year with my Main Squeeze! We wish you the best in 2014.
What's keeping you grounded this New Year? 
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY