I Can't Behave Myself

Friday, January 21, 2011

Yes, I KNOW... Neon Hitch supposedly ripped off their "I Can't Behave Myself" song from Deadmau5's "Seeya Next Tuesday."

The renowned Deadmau5 from Toronto, Canada (who by the way, does not like to be referred to as a "DJ") stated in his Facebook note that "coz this is certainly the first time im hearing it... meanwhile its already on the radio now? how the fuck does that happen? i guess i missed that fucking memo... because im sure its great for the poppy mega radio piece of shit it is... but, it's defineatley not the direction i wanted to go with it.


Although "I Can't Behave Myself" has definitely got a catchy, pop-like tune, it does not ring true to the simple, electronic - trance style that he is well-known for; as well, Neon Hitch's high pitched voice takes away from it. 


However, I am willing to admit that I have been playing this song on repeat (Neon Hitch's version that is). I do at times succumb to the mainstream renditions of techno-house classics... So great apologies to you, Deadmau5. Sorry I'm not the most loyal of fans.... those catchy remixes just get the crowd pumpin' more. 


I can't seem to convince all of my friends to ditch the typical Drake-Gaga-Rihanna songs for one of your amazing RAVE songs. I've tried persuading with glow-sticks and neon-fluorescent shirts. Still have yet to be entirely successful. 
But hey... you got me hooked. 
I'll be there bobbin' in the crowd to your jams. 


Here's Neon Hitch's rendition... Judge the song for yourself. 


Not the BEST of Deadmau5... but certainly, catchy and easy to get stuck playing on repeat.

Personal opinion of his top 5 songs:

1. Ghosts N' Stuff (feat. Rob Swire)
2. I Remember (feat. Kaskade)
3. Strobe (club edit)
4. Move for Me (feat. Kaskade)
5. Moar Ghosts N' Stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY