...this is the soundtrack to my life.

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sometimes I always wonder what songs would play in the background/music score if my life was a movie. There would be a song for:
elevator rides
the awkward silences
episodic moments of profound truth
break-ups + make-ups
SPIRIT WEEK
first dates
moments of extreme confusion or lack of direction
triumph
anger/rage
deep emotion
sunny days
etc.


No silence. Just music -- sweet, sweet notes of emotion to set the mood. 

Reflecting upon this idea of a "soundtrack to my life" I came across some songs that I feel would describe me pretty well. They would totes be playing in the background if my life was ever documented on film. So here's the playlist for the weekend/my little soundtrack:

1. Nostrand: Ratatat
2. Samba da Bencao: Bebel Gilberto
3. Bright Lights, Bigger City: Cee-Lo Green
4. Embers: Jus Jack
5. P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing): Michael Jackson
6. Walking on a Dream: Empire of the Sun
7. Empire State of Mind: Jay-Z + Alicia Keys maybe I'll be in NYC this summer? Cross 'em fingers! 
8. Let It Rock: Kevin Rudolf
9. Superstar: Lupe Fiasco
10. Black and Gold: Sam Sparro
11. Dice: Finley Quaye
12. You Don't Know Me (feat. Regina Spektor): Ben Folds
13. Over My Head (Cable Car): The Fray

what songs are in your soundtrack?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY