Preppin' for the Mane event...

Friday, September 21, 2012


image via
Dearest friends, It's been forever.. I know. Sad face, m'dears. I've just been too busy with work that I haven't had a chance to write. BUT don't you worry - I'm hopping back on the train.

Today, I'm visiting Seattle's Mane Blow Dry Bar (recommended by my sweet and super-stylish friend @ammenozzifor a gorgeous blow-out. I'm thinking the Up Down Diva for tonight's special occasion. Stay tuned for the before and after photos! 

And what special event am I going to? Well, one would automatically assume G5 to celebrate the 5th Anniversary of Girl Power Hour  - but unfortunately, I have to miss out on that glamorous party this year. I'm going to a place that's totally out of my element. Think prom on a whole 'nother level... 

Look of the Night: Floor-length, black evening dress - plunging v-neck, lace overlay wrapped bodice, with a lace silhouette in the back from BCBGMAXAZRIA. Black, peep-toed Enzo Angiolini pumps. Vintage, gold and crystal heirlooms for jewelry. Bright red nails with gold glittered party nails.

So how have I prepped for this exciting outing? 

.: Three weeks of constant running:.
.: two glasses (per day) of lemon-cucumber-basil water to ensure a clear complexion :.
.: 50+ v-ups everyday so that there is no flab peeking out in the dress :.
.: salt scrub mani and pedi :.
.: massage weekend before :.

Relaxed and ready to go... 

I'll be sure to have a full recap this weekend along with photos of my pretty hair courtesy of Mane... get excited because I can't wait to share the details with you!

'Til this weekend.. xoxo



3 comments:

  1. Two glasses of lemon-cucumber-basil water to ensure a clear complexion? You, my dear, are quite a treat. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Miss you, too! I'll have to post photos soon.. just haven't gotten a chance to do that. How are you LC travels?

      Delete
  2. I've heard good things about the Mane Blow Dry Bar! I'm going to Seattle in November and I can't wait to check it out! Need to try that lemon-cucumber-basil water by the way...

    Linnie

    LinnieatLarge.com

    ReplyDelete

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY