The Mane Event.

Friday, October 5, 2012

Per usual... the weekend got to the best of me, and then the work week happened.. so two weeks later, I now have a new post for you.

And best believe... I've got some more fun "ish" heading your way. 



Two weeks ago was an unforgettable affair..

My Mane Event included the opportunity to attend my very first ball... right? Totally feel like Cinderella when I say "ball." Don't worry friends, I didn't leave behind any glass slippers.. no need to lose any of my favorite peep-toed Enzo Angiolini pumps (simple.. keeping it classy).

Oh, and what ball would it be without a glamorous adventure to a new blow dry bar? Thus, the trip to Seattle's Mane Blow Dry Bar was a must (located on the Pine Street, adjacent to the Grand Hyatt in Downtown Seattle).

They offer a great style menu featuring five different looks for only $35! (What a deal) For this event, I was looking into the Mane Sweep ($60) for an elegant updo!

Upon arrival (10 minutes early), my stylist was there and ready to transform my hair into Hollywood-chic.


In my head, I had pictured three possible styles, inspired by my Pinterest boards of course...
a simple, chignon knot... absolutely elegant (image via)
or
shiny, soft waves... effortless and light (image via)
or
channel my inner Adele and go for a classy, mature bouffant updo (image via)
In the end, I ended up going for one of the five, signature-style menu looks - 
"Va Va Voom" featuring side-swept, glamorous, wavy curls - a carefree and fun look!
Big thanks to my stylist, Kelly for getting my hair ready for the night! Here she is with me post-blowout!
Sorry, I was in a hurry to the Nars counter at Nordstrom to get my makeup done... Didn't get a chance to take more photos of the final 'do.

Whether it's a ball, a hot date or a night on the town with my girls, I will definitely head over to Mane Blow Dry Bar for a little pampering and a glossy, gorgeous 'do. 

717 Pine Street | Seattle | 98101
206.352.6263. 
info@maneblowdrybar.com
To book an appointment, click here.


So tell, me ladies... what's your prep-style before a big event? Do you go to a stylist - which ones? I'd love to learn of new places, too!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY