fur + sequins.

Monday, January 7, 2013

This past weekend, I celebrated two dear friends as we all roamed the streets of Capitol Hill for their birthday adventures. Cheers to Dhar and Amanda as they celebrated another year of fun, laughs and many adventures! 

{outfit of the night} Vince Camuto faux fur vest | J.Crew sequin colorblock shell similar | Banana Republic black, button-up similar | Two by Vince Camuto leather panel leggings  | Steve Madden lace-up black suede boots | pink patent Tory Burch 'Amanda' satchel | Kate Spade 'Puttin' On the Ritz' statement earrings

Loved mixing the two textures of fur and sequin that night - if it was a bit warmer, I would have rocked it with a pair of leather shorts and patterned tights. Possible future outfit. 

After a night of dancing and starry night fun, a wonderful breakfast at Toulouse Petit was much needed - there we went the next morning. I had the duck confit hash with poached eggs, which was absolutely impeccable. And a bunch of us indulged ourselves with a plate of beignets. obsessed - so sweet and delectable. Highly recommend them and of course, Toulouse Petit's brunch - great choices!

The weekend winded down with a nice walk in Queen Anne on Sunday afternoon to visit Kerry Park and a fro yo date! That outfit would not be documented as I was definitely a little more scrubbed out in my favorite ruffled Lululemon leggings, oversized sorority half-zip and North Face puffer. Oh yes, we can't forget about my lime green Nike frees. :) Totes rocked the sporty look with my Tory and pearls. Baha. Totes ran and skipped around - so carefree.

For this week's fashion inspiration - I'm channeling a more natural look with my makeup and hoping to incorporate more cozy knits into the mix. BUT also blend in some girly sparkle and possibly tulle. I'm beginning to fall more and more in love with tulle, and I'm thinking of getting a fun tulle skirt to dress up with a blazer and pumps or down with a chunky sweater and ballet flats.

Stay tuned for my next post, 
as I share 5 ways to wear tulle skirts...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY