living and eating green.

Monday, January 6, 2014

image via

Green - that's today's theme, and I'm just loving every moment of it.

Sliced avocados and a clean green juice (apple, spinach, celery, cucumber, lemon juice and coconut water) kick started my day with a boost of energy. A cup of green tea during a team meeting to bring me zen and help me refocus for a few afternoon deliverables... and then a lunch break of collard green wraps filled with peppers, zucchini and cucumber strips, roasted chicken and mashed sweet potato.

There's just something about those beautiful, leafy greens that get me every time. Whether it's collards, spinach or Tuscan kale - I'm obsessed with them. The earthy taste and its versatility - juice, salad, entree, chip or side dish... it comes in all forms. 

Choosing to eat clean and healthy can be difficult, but there's no sense in losing great taste. Believe me, when I say I'd eat foie gras any day if I could, but most recently, I've been opting for that healthy choice... It's been four days of straight Paleo-esque/Zone diet eating. And I feel great! Did we lose flavor and zest? Nope.. just found new and healthy ways to make my meals exciting. Who would have thought that you could easily slurp up zoodles (zucchini noodles) just like normal spaghetti?

Below are a few of my recent favorites to help you make the healthy choice! 


Good Morning Greens Juice :: Joy the Baker

Tahini Zucchini Noodle Bowl :: Love and Lemons

Edamame and Quinoa Collard Wraps :: Eat. Spin. Run. Repeat.

Ginger Citrus Salmon with Cucumber and Orange Salsa :: PaleOMG

Orange Sriracha Chicken :: Nom Nom Paleo

Cauliflower, Carrot and Parsnip Puree :: Nom Nom Paleo

Are you eating paleo, gluten-free, or choosing healthy options?
Would love to hear your favorite recipes in comments below!
xoxo

1 comment:

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY