blue crochet shorts for the birthday.

Saturday, June 7, 2014


As with all big celebrations, my birthday week festivities had to come to a close (insert whiny face) I know, I know... if I could (and I totally would), I would celebrate my birthday all month... but that's a little obnoxious right? Ha. But this week has truly been wonderful and well-spent with family time and fun in the sun. I couldn't have asked for more. 

To wrap the week up, Mama Nguyen and I had another all-day shopping adventure and strolled through one of my favorite Portland neighborhoods (NW 23rd) in the evening. On our way to Bamboo Sushi for dinner, we stumbled upon beautiful blue flowers in that quintessential neighborhood which reminded me of how much I really did adore that pretty color. 

Let me tell you -- I am and will always be a "pink" girl - any shade - bright or pastel - you name it... it's in my closet. However lately, I've been drawn to jewel-tone blues and turquoise. As such, these blue crochet shorts from Zara were one of my favorite recent purchases. Initially, I thought they were too bright, maybe even a little too "festival" and sort of resembled PJ shorts... but after styling them with some wedges and an airy blouse, I could totally see it being a part of my summer ensembles.

Besides being cute, the shorts are pretty comfy, too! (Pssst, it has an elastic waistline...) And of course, no summer outfit would be complete without a fab pair of wedges. I've had these pair (dolce vita) for two years now, and they are by far the most comfy wedges I own. Soft leather, not too high of a heel and the cognac brown goes with just about everything. Recently, I've been digging these Sole Society 'Jenny' Slingback Wedges. The strappy look is so cute, and even better the price is just right! 


And I know... a bag repeat. But hey, I just can't get enough of how convenient, easy and goes-with-everything this Rebecca Minkoff Mini Mac Crossbody truly is... It's definitely a must-wear and becoming an outift staple in my close.


Thanks to Mama Nguyen for snapping these photos of me!
Cheers to starting twenty-four on the right foot (in a fabulous pair of shoes)! 
And of course... rockin' bright blue shorts like nobody else's business. 
Would you wear colored crochet shorts this summer?
xoxo


Like this look? Shop for similar pieces below!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY