concert comfy chic with converse.

Monday, June 30, 2014

j.crew gray structured v-neck shell // michael kors anorak cargo jacket (similar) //
faux leather panel leggings (similar) // rebecca minkoff mini mac // converse chuck taylor sneakers
Happy Monday, friends! Hope you all had a great weekend. Mine kicked off with cocktails at the newly opened bar/bistro, Damn the Weather in Pioneer Square. By the way, if you haven't checked it out yet - I highly recommend it. The cocktails are amazing - not a surprise since the owner was the previous bar manager of Rob Roy in Belltown. Also, I had the most tender, delicate and tasty snail and pickled fiddlehead sandwich. YUM. 

After a few drinks and a quick, delicious bite, my main squeeze and friends were off to a concert at Showbox Sodo to see the Fitz and the Tantrums! My latest favorite from them? The Walker... listen and try not to whistle along.

So as with any Friday date night or weekend outing, I had the hardest time figuring out what to wear to this concert. I mean the big dilemma was to find an outfit that was just the right amount of comfy chic for the concert, but also not too laid back for drinks at the bar. 

Since Seattle was being a little indecisive with its weather patterns, I opted for an outfit that was practical and fun. Leather leggings had just the right amount of sass, but also allowed me to jump around and get my groove on. The light anorak jacket was a great choice for keeping me cozy, but adding some pizazz to my simple basics outfit with its gold zippers and accents. Also, I chose to rock a sporty look with my Converse Chuck Taylors, which allowed me to walk comfortably on the uneven sidewalks for Sodo, as well as not worry about getting my feet soaked in surprise puddles outside after the show. Needless to say, this is one of my new favorite, comfy and versatile outfits. 



What's next for this week? Packing and getting ready for my East Coast adventures! Remember when I first shared with you guys about it? It feels like we've been planning this trip for months... and now it's less than three days away. Absolutely can't wait to visit Boston and New York, and I have been looking for must-see, must eats and must-visit places to pin to my A + K: Summer 2014 Pinterest board.

Tomorrow, I'll be sharing a few of my must-pack items and links to wise words from other bloggers about traveling and packing. Stay tuned! xoxo


Like this look? Shop for similar pieces below!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY