kicking summer goodbye // hello fall boots

Thursday, September 4, 2014

image via
This past weekend, my main squeeze and I said our "goodbyes" to summer as cloudy gray skies and a mini-drizzle rolled into Seattle. In a weird way, I was oddly relieved. Strange to say, but I was actually getting bored with summer... I know. I know. Only I would say that, right? Yes, I had loved the lazy days of reading on the roof with sangria in hand but I also longed for oversized cardigans, plaid blanket scarves and hot mugs of tea. Snuggle sessions, trips to the apple orchards and pumpkin patch parties.. oh and did I mention a bowl of homemade chicken noodle soup? All of this. I wanted. Stat. Just wanted layers upon layers and oodles of coziness.

So when it magically became September (four days ago) - I grinned from ear to ear as I purchased my first pumpkin spice latte of the season and began pinning away all of my favorite festive fall things - which included a few recipes to try this season (giving my crockpot some love this autumn), and of course - outfits to keep me stylish and cozy this fall!

One of the most important fall wardrobe staples is a sturdy pair of comfortable and beautiful riding boots. Seeing that the majority of shoes in my closet were basic black, I decided to jazz it up and go for a rich cognac color. Less serious, a little more playful and casual - I settled on this pair - the Penny Boot by Sam Edelman.

I absolutely love the mahogany color of this pair - the soft leather - rubber sole and buckle detail. Ways to style a riding boot for fall? Skinny jeans tucked in with an oversized cardigan or a patterned tunic dress, tights and an infinity scarf. Is it bad for me to wish more cold weather so I can get some wear in these beauties? 

Looking for some new fall boots this season? See below for a few other of my picks! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY