Time to Pretend - MGMT

Monday, May 17, 2010

" I'm feeling rough. I'm feeling raw. I'm in the prime of my life."

Yes, I am in the prime of my life. In three short weeks, I will be celebrating the end of my childhood and officially saying goodbye to my teenage years. The big 2-0. This milestone (as small as it may be) is taking me by surprise. I thought I had so much more time to be immature. At least give me another month to be able to run around freely through the streets and be the small child that I am.

As this day of birth is approaching, I'm beginning to reflect on those big adult questions. The ones that your parents always bugged you about. "How do you see yourself in 20 years? Are you on the right track? What are you doing with your life?"

I don't really have the questions to answer them currently... But for now, I can easily say that I'm a bit scared yet excited.

Why is that when we were young, we wanted to be older? And when we're older, we desperately wish to be young again? Take 13 Going on 30, Jennifer Garner plays the character of Jenna Rink. Jenna, a 13 year old, wants to be "thirty, flirty, and thriving." When she gets her dream, she the realizes that it's not all she had hoped it would be. I'm not saying that being 30 isn't fun... rather, I'm emphasizing the importance of appreciating the moment.

Life moves at a rapid pace. Time is of the essence. It is something that can't be stopped, rewinded, or paused. It's just continuing and moving whether we're ready or not. The clock will forever keep on ticking, as we walk blindingly into the future. Whether we're prepared to face what's in store for us or not, we really don't have a choice.

As I'm writing this... time is slipping past met... and to be truthful, it's something that I really can't afford to lose, yet I'm still here typing away.

Time passes.. the minutes decrease.. the days go by.... we get older. People say that wisdom comes hand in hand with age. But does that really speak truth? I leave it up to you to decide. I'd agree because with age comes more mistakes and more experience. It is from those mishaps and moments, that we learn and grow. However, I do question if it really makes us wiser because at times history repeats itself. I suppose that with time, we'll find out whether the statement rings truth or not.

It is not 9:43 pm... prime time to begin facing the reality of finishing up a research paper and a presentation. I'll leave you with this... "It is our decision to live fast and die young." Yes, MGMT, it is our decision.. and I will live fast, but hopefully, not die too young.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY