Is this Real Life?

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

photo via Pinterest

Today is the day... it's finally here. I'm actually leaving for ATL to spend an amazing five weeks at Memorial Headquarters. 

It's been a rough two weeks leading up to this morning. Final exams, papers, packing and my 21 run. Well, that 21 run -- no explanation needed... haha I had a fun night.. :)  The rite of passage has passed; I'm alive -- that's all that matters.

Now, I'm just sitting here at PDX - the Portland International Airport, waiting for my connecting flight to Denver. Then, it's straight away to ATL! 

If you're looking at the time-stamp of this post, you're probs thinking that I'm absolutely a cray-cray.

Yes... it is 4:46 am. No, I have not slept since Sunday. Tired? Not quite... more like my brain is a little out there BUT I'm still pumped. 

Yesterday, I took my final exam at 10:30 am, handed in my final paper at 1 pm, and drove home to Portland at 5 pm that same day. Packed all of my bags, ran last minute errands, and packed some more... and before I knew it, it was time to shower, do the hair and makeup and have momma drive me out to the airport -- aka I am running on zero sleep right now. A little delirious, but that's a-okay... if these sentences don't make sense, please bear with me. haha

Now, here I am, waiting at Gate C10 for the big pretty plane to take me off to what seems like a dream-of-a-summer. It still hasn't hit me yet, that I will actually be in Atlanta, GA for a good chunk of my summer... but most importantly, I think what's freaking me out/so surreal.. is that fact that I'll be at MEMORIAL HEADQUARTERS - ADPi EXECUTIVE OFFICE! EEEK! I remember as a good baby Alpha, I was sitting in one of my Alpha Ed sessions, and I said aloud that it would be amazing to stroll on Ponce De Leon Ave. and stare at the beautiful mansion... and to meet President Gwaltney would be the highest honor... [Met CBG in person at Alpha Theta (woot!) and LOVED every second of it! Now the first part of that Alpha wish is coming true!] 

Call me obsessed (proud of it!), but I am just uber-giddy right now. This is exciting - a once-in-a-lifetime experience that I will cherish for the rest of my life. I am beyond thrilled - pinch me.is.this.real.life? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY