Buonasera from Florence bellas!

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Apologies in advance, I have not uploaded pictures yet nor will I do so until my return to the States. I may have forgotten to bring the camera cable. whoops, my bad!


Italia has been amazing so far. Roma was absolutely beautiful except for the fact that mosquito bites now cover the back of my leg (ewww), and my feet are covered with blisters. Let's just say that I'm exhausted from this "tour." Word of advice to the old, fragile and weak: don't by any means sign up for a "tour." If you're brave, try out Europe on your own, but if you're like my mother who likes schedules and things planned out for you by the minute, then do the tours.

Typical day:
6:00 am :: wake up call - so basically you need to wake up at 5:15 am to shower/pack
6:30 am :: luggage needs to be put outside of your hotel room
6:45 am :: breakfast
7:00 am :: depart for a 5+ hour walking tour or a dreadful 3+ hour drive to your next destination

The tours are lovely and conducted by local guides... however, the walking is non-stop... and in the heat.

On a lighter note, here are some highlights of Roma:

  • Despite the long walks, I thoroughly enjoyed Rome. The tour of the Vatican, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter Basilica was absolutely stunning. I wish we had more time there to have mass. That would have been perfect.
  • Shopping... we didn't really do any since we're saving our energy for a large Parisian excursion. But on an optional tour in the afternoon, we went to Italian version of Rodeo drive with the original Missoni, Gucci, Dior, Valentino and Prada. OH EM GEE. LOVES. We checked out LV, Chanel and of course Cartier. PS Valentino is the only Roman designer. Learned that from Enriqo our tour guide.
  • The Trevi Fountain - what a spectacular sight. Gorgeous.
  • Our tour also included the Colosseum, the forum, Pantheon, a whole bunch of other churches and excursions through various streets that all looked the same. If we were without our tour guide, I'm sure my mother and I would get lost in a heartbeat.
Today, we traveled to Florence by motor-coach aka a large bus. The long bus ride got me uber-dizzy and sick from motion sickness, and as a result, my mother and I took a quick taxi ride from the Academy of the Arts (where they dropped us off) to our hotel. I missed out on seeing David's "you know what" but the five hour nap was worth it. I felt a lot better afterwards and was finally able to enjoy Florence from my hotel at dinner. Hopefully, tomorrow's bus and boat ride into Venice won't get me into another woozy mood. 

More adventures to come... we've got Switzerland, Paris and London! 

I'll leave y'all with a little Party Rockin' tune.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY