Mid-Week Morning Thoughts: hello february.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012



                                                                     Source: maizehutton.blogspot.com via Krys on Pinterest


Can't believe that it's already FEBRUARY... how the hell did that happen so quickly? Welp, there's nothing you can do now to turn back the clock. So it's all about moving forward.

moving forward (a lovely little phrase I've picked up from the office): I owe you all a couple of posts, and I'm absolutely sorry for not having the time to keep up with my new blog series. BUT  I think once you hear about my exciting news, all will be forgiven? Let's hope so...


hello february. hello to some new #biggirlworld happenings:

j.o.b.






Today marks my first day as an Assistant Account Executive!! Woot... moving up already?! Yup, the little one got her promo/permanent job within barely four weeks into her internship. I'd say that's record timing? Hecka yeah. Absolutely thrilled/anxious/excited as my career is officially taking off at full speed. I just have got to prepare myself for this ride... who knows where it will take me?

l.o.v.e.





       
Source: Uploaded by user via Amanda B. on Pinterest


Oh yeah... my personal life. Well these past days I was doing some media monitoring and auditing for a client, and let's just say they are in the chocolate business aka I was bombarded with Valentines' Day ads. Buy a dozen of roses and a box of chocolates for your sweetie on this special occasion. $5 off shipping of purchases $25 and more... yeah, that's great for you and your sweetie to spend a romantic evening. let me just eat my own box of chocolates and down a bottle to the face. bahah just kidding. But really though, these ads are getting a little outrageous. Yesterday, Nordstrom email-blasted me "luscious lingerie" for that cupid-lovebird-infested holiday. Thank you, Nordy's for reminding me of my nonexistent love life. #singlegirlproblems No, I'm not being bitter about it despite my negativity towards Vday. I'm just accepting it for what it is. The quote above that I found on Pinterest is absolutely 100 percent true. Love is one of those things in life that you just can't plan ... and myself, being a planner, is going to have a very difficult time with that concept.

As I leave you this morning, I hope you enjoy one of my favorite Shit People Say videos.


'Til the next post m'dears (or... until I am able to get a breather and some downtime to write).

1 comment:

  1. Maybe it's because i'm perma-single, but I've always been one to say that Valentine's Day is a day to show love to everyone (not in the slutty sense). It's hard to not appreciate how romantic any city can get from all the couples dressed up and men/women with huge smiles on their faces as they hold bouquets, on the way to share a special dinner with a special someone. so cute! <3

    ReplyDelete

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY