1. Essie 'Neon Collection 2013' | Summer is the season of brights from head to toe. Bling up your nails with a fun shade or two. I'm in love with a hot pink, especially when paired with the healthy glow of a tan... it just makes the nail color pop eve more. Why I choose Essie? Slick and quick-dry.
2. Fresh 'Lotus Youth Preserve' face cream | My must-wear face cream regardless if I'm wearing makeup or not... light weight, age-defying moisturizer for all skin types, this cream is proven to minimize signs of aging and deliver moisture/hydration for up to 24 hours. Paired with an SPF BB cream (like the one suggested below), it's no wonder that Fresh is part of my morning ritual.
3. Smashbox 'Camera Ready' BB Cream SPF 35 | I've been searching for a foundation/color cream with SPF that doesn't make my skin seem "caked." After using various kinds, I've finally stumbled on this guy and am super happy with the results. Not oily or smeary, it provides a healthy glow, evening out redness and protects my face with SPF 35. I alternate between this little guy and Bobbi Brown's Foundation Stick.
4. Bobbi Brown Sheer Lip Color | A light glossy look for your pout is always a must during the summer... Heck - having a pinky lip color is necessary year round! Never caught dead with out lip gloss or lipstick, I've been juggling with five types in my bag for the past two months... However, I always end up just using one. Bobbi Brown's sheer lip color is lightweight and just the right amount of shine. One of my biggest fears - over-glossed lips + wind + unruly hair combo = sticky hair all over.
5. Shiseido Nourishing Mascara Base | On days when you don't want to goop on a bunch of mascara and let your lashes breathe but still have that curl, slick on Shiseido's nourishing mascara base. By itself or underneath a coat of mascara, it's light and enhances every aspect of your lashes' curl and volume.
Those are my 5 beauty picks for this summer to ensure a healthy, bright and camera ready glow!
What are your beauty must-haves this season?
Disclosure: I was not compensated for this post, nor was this sponsored by any of the brands mentioned above. All opinions are my own.