Accessorizing Life With: Crushing on Clothes

Wednesday, February 19, 2014


For this edition of "Accessorizing Life With", I'm beyond thrilled to feature a great friend and one of Seattle's most stylish fashionistas - Alyson of Crushing on Clothes!

Alyson and I had always chatted in the Twitterverse about favorite arm candy ensembles and nail parties... until early last year, we finally met IRL! She is an absolute gem - hilarious, witty, down to earth and full of life - she is a person I can count on, and I'm more than lucky to call her a friend.

Her sense of style is flawless. Alyson definitely has an eye for finding ways to make the latest trends more budget-friendly, as well as creating amazing outfits with unique pairings. Hope you all enjoy getting to know Alyson!

Who/What Inspired You to Blog?
I first created my blog post-college when working at a salon. I was obsessed with beauty products and wanted to share my knowledge without having to put myself on video. I wanted to talk about the products I'd tried, and give a "real girl" perspective on them. I got great feedback, and I had friends start asking me about fashion advice. I hope to inspire people through my outfits that they can dress on a budget and still look and feel like a million bucks. I also hope that I inspire people to take risks and have fun with clothing!


What is your favorite accessory?
Lately, I cannot seem to get enough of statement necklaces, and my current favorite one is from Baublebar. Since it's pave and gold, it goes with everything from printed dresses to a white tee.


Over the time that you've spent blogging, what has been your most rewarding experience?
The most rewarding thing about fashion blogging has been the community. I've met so many amazing, empowering women from around the world that I would have never had a chance to meet otherwise. Also, receiving emails and comments from my readers telling me that I've inspired them in some way is extremely touching and rewarding. 


Who is your style icon and why?
For as long as I can remember, I have been obsessed with Nicole Richie. She is so effortlessly cool and casual, but always looks trendy and fashionable. I was inspired by her to purchase my first Balenciaga in 2005, and still adore her baggy, boho style.

Thank you, Alyson for being a part of my series! 
xoxo


2 comments:

  1. So cute! How can I not adore another Alyson with red hair? She's now the second blogger I know with red hair named Aly. :) Adore her sense of style, and her Baublebar necklace is one of my personal fav's, too.

    alyson
    www.theaveragegirlsguide.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thank you love! So honored to call you a great friend of mine and I cannot wait for our double date Sunday!

    xoxoxo
    Alyson

    ReplyDelete

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY