freshly squeezed: my 10 favorite juice recipes

Monday, March 10, 2014


Fact: I am obsessed with juicing. 
Disclaimer: I do not own a juicer, but am a proud owner of a Vitamix

Why I choose the Vitamix instead of a juicer? FIBER. My Vitamix ensures that I get all the nutritious fiber from the pulp of fruits and veggies, in addition to the healthy, tasty freshly squeezed juice.

I've been making my own freshly squeezed concoctions for about four months now, but my love for fresh pressed juice dates back to high school when my mom would make me her "mean green juice" - consisting of parsley, celery, grapes, watermelon and spinach. 

vida la vita-c
Below are 10 juice recipes aka healthy goodness to enjoy! 
(Change up the amount servings of fruits and veggies to your liking. Note: I'm not really into precise measurements... juicing is like an experiment. The best way to test is through taste!)
  1. tropical refresher: two pineapple spears + juice of half a lemon + a handful of kale + handful of spinach + one persian cucumber (or half a regular sized english cucumber) + 1/2 cup of coconut water
  2. spicy n' sweet: ginger + one cup coconut water + one pineapple spear + 1/2 cup of frozen mango + two dashes of cayenne pepper
  3. berry me in mint: a handful of mint leaves + one cup of frozen blueberres + one cup of coconut water + one cup of frozen raspberries (optional: add lime juice)
  4. vida la vita-c: one navel orange (or tangelo) + two carrots + 1/2 cup of coconut water + ginger + cayenne pepper
  5. green juice delight: one handful of kale + one pear + two small persian cucumbers + one apple + two celery stalks + two splashes of coconut water + one handful of green grapes
  6. pina colada paradise: one banana + one pineapple spear + one cup coconut water + 1/2 a navel orange (or tangelo)
  7. mini-spa cooler: two persian cucumbers + one handful of fresh basil leaves + juice of one lemon + 1/2 cup of coconut water + 1/2 an apple 
  8. detox boost: two carrots + ginger + 1/2 cup of coconut water + one pineapple spear + two dashes of cayenne pepper 
  9. melonade: two slices of cantaloupe + one slice of honeydew + 1/2 cup of coconut water + 1/2 apple
  10. beet the bad away: one beet + one apple + 1/2 an orange + ginger (optional: dashes of cayenne pepper)
tropical refresher
Do you have a juicer or make smoothies?
Share your favorite recipes in comments below!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY